Careers at Monks
Monks Contractors have built a strong reputation over the years and take pride on being a great place to work. We offer various roles throughout the business and career opportunities become available in all sectors to help contribute towards the efficient services provided and to ensure continued growth of the company. If you would be interested in joining our team, please browse our current vacancies and apply now!
Drainage Business Development Manager
Drainage Business Development Manager, Monks Contractors, Mellor Brook
Job Title – Drainage Business Development Manager
Location –Mellor Brook, Lancashire
Monks Contractors are waste and drainage specialists - we have over 25 years’ experience in drainage remediation and investigation.
As contractors to local authority and waste management operators, we are specialists in all drainage issues for both commercial and domestic customers with the most up to date equipment and advanced technology with our fully qualified operatives.
Responsible to: Managing Director
Monks Contractors are seeking a Drainage Business Development Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for its day-to-day running and leading the expansion of the division to provide a full range of drainage services to our domestic and commercial client base.
As Drainage Business Development Manager you will help establish and grow the drainage division, seeking out opportunities throughout the UK, predominately the North West and surrounding areas. You will be required to identify new opportunities within the drainage industries and build on relationships with our existing customers. You will be responsible for following all leads, with a view of conducting site visits and providing detailed quotations. You will also be required to work closely with our Drainage Operatives understanding their duties and delegated tasks helping to resolve any day-to-day problems and resolve these in a timely manner. You will be responsible for adhering to legal and Company policies and procedures; working alongside the HSEQ Manager in implementing and completing all Risk Assessments and Method Statements in line with Health and Safety.
· Business Development in all sectors of the drainage division
· Planning strategic growth in the market
· Assessing customer needs and ensuring relevant solutions are provided
· To support the HSEQ Manager in Health and Safety compliance including; creating, developing, reviewing and implementing safe systems of work, risk assessments and method statements
· Visiting new and existing customers to seek out current and potential business
· Managing multiple customers ensuring that a high level of customer retention and satisfaction is maintained
· Provide excellent customer service
· Engage in multiple customers on a daily basis
· To supervise the organisation of workflow alongside the drainage team and ensuring all Jet Vac operatives understand their duties and delegated tasks
· Monitoring the Jet Vac Operatives productivity
· Background of drainage industry and procedures is essential
· Knowledge of Health and Safety is advantageous
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to communicate at all levels
· Commercial attitude and thinks pro-actively with the customer and organisation
· Entrepreneurial, networker, flexible, representative and driven
· Enthusiastic and committed
· The ability to work under pressure and actively seek solutions to problems
· Have a flexible approach to suit the business
As HSEQ Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of the HSEQ objectives set by the Business as well as promoting a strong Health and Safety culture within the Business.
A key focus of the role will be to write policies and procedures and implement a UKAS accredited IMS system which the company hopes to achieve within 18 months.
You will be required to build strong relationships within the Company to improve and deliver compliance objectives as an integrated part of our everyday working practices. You will be required to carry out duties such as; implementing rules and standards for all employees to follow in accordance with Health, Safety and Environment and to manage the implementation of ISO standards including ISO 9001 Quality Management, ISO 45001 Health and Safety and ISO 14001 Environmental Management and manage all systems once achieved.
Monks Contractors are waste specialists - we provide haulage and waste specification plant hire to the waste industry, Monks Contractors offers it all from processing the waste, shredding it, loading it and transporting it. We also have a high pressure water drain jetting team, civil contracting team, plant repair, hire and sales.
There are currently no HSEQ staff within the company so this is an opportunity to set up the department of this growing business.
- ISO standards including ISO 9001 Quality Management, ISO 45001 Health and Safety and ISO14001 Environmental Management
- Implement, monitor and audit all Company Health and Safety and Compliance policies
- Conduct risk assessments and complete method statements where required across the business
- Implement improvements to all our policies and operations and ensure these are in line with regulatory and ethical standards
- Support managers to maintain safe systems of work and implement best practice
- Ensure all documentation relating to environmental activities is completed correctly
- Focus on improving and maintaining the effectiveness across the Company
- Implement, maintain and deliver toolbox talks and encourage participation
- Manage any accident investigations
- Promote a positive Health and Safety culture throughout the Company
- Stay informed of standards and industry best practice to ensure the Company is operating to those standards
- 2 years’ experience as a HSEQ manager/advisor
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent
- Experience of managing an IMS based on ISO9001, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001
- Be enthusiastic, organised with a determination to achieve results
- Be an excellent communicator
- Able to work part of a team
- Valid UK driving licence
- Experience in a construction or transport sector
- Experience in implementing IMS systems
- Willing to undertake training
- Internal auditor qualification
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org